Holiday songs

The radio in the old Civic is broken so while I'm driving Avery to or from preschool we've gotten into the habit of singing songs... and since most of the songs that both of us know are Christmas songs, that's what we sing. This morning we went through all the ones I could think of. Rudolf, Little Drummer Boy, Hark the Herald Angels Sing, Silent Night, Silver Bells, Noel, Up on the Housetop, (she surprised me by requesting Rocking Around the Christmas Tree which I had to mumble through half the words) and I Ain't Getting Nothing for Christmas.

If you don't know that last song it's as if some bad kid is confessing all the naughty things that have been done, has been caught, and isn't going to get any presents. I was in the middle of singing, "I put a tack on Gareth's chair, somebody snitched on me. I tied a knot in Rosie's hair, somebody snitched on me. I spilled some ink on Mommy's rug, I made Daddy eat a bug..." and Avery interrupted me sounding upset. She'd figured out that the naughty person singing was her. Once I switched the singer to Gareth and included Avery in the people being tormented she was happy.

Comments

Popular Posts